A few good reasons to join our lab:
- You will be working on actual and industry-relevant software engineering problems.
- Edmonton is an amazing city to live in.
- The University of Alberta has consistently been in the top 5 of Maclean’s ranking of engineering universities in the last years.
Please contact us with your CV, your unofficial transcripts, and a short explanation of why you would like to work with us. You will get bonus points for indicating on which research topic you would like to work. If you have a cool software engineering-related idea that does not directly fit into what we have worked on in the past, please do not hesitate to contact us. As you can probably tell from our papers, our research interests are quite broad. Please note:
- Make sure to show in your email that you are actually interested in our work. Generic application e-mails (especially those that are addressed to multiple professors!) will be ignored.
- To make it easier to ignore spam applications, please include the word ‘cookiemonster’ in your application e-mail. All application e-mails without this word in either the subject or contents will be ignored.
- If you do not have a computer science, computer engineering or software engineering background, you will have to try very hard to convince us about why you want to switch to software engineering.
- You will be asked to do small reading and programming assignments and a Skype or Hangouts call.